1. Your team and your final fee for each member is up to you! When you register a team for the 48HFP for $125.00, that is for the whole team. So if you have five team members, that's just $25 each. If you have ten team members, it's $12.50. And so on... In fact, the bigger your team the better! The average team size world-wide is fifteen people.
2. The 48HFP screening at Malco Studio on the Square is YOUR premier! These screenings are open for everyone to attend. Your team will automatically get two free tickets--and additional tickets can be purchased for a low price for other team members who want to attend, along with family members, friends, etc. The more the merrier!
3. The 48HFP is a worldwide phenomenon--not just local! There are over 100 cities that participate in this program all over the world. And your 48HFP movie has the chance to be seen in places as diverse as the SXSW Film Festival, Cinequest, Filmapalooza, and even the Cannes Film Festival! In addition to this, you can upload your finished movie to the 48.tv website for viewing starting this fall!
4. 48HFP is a cheat-proof time based film festival. On kickoff night, each team draws the genre of movie they will shoot--14 genres total in the competition--and they will also be provided with a line of dialogue, a character, and a prop that must be included in the movie they shoot. Because of these requirements, it's impossible for a team to pre-shoot a high production value movie and enter it. Everyone has the same chance at the 48HFP!
|48HFP Awards Ceremony|
6. You can win an award...or multiple awards...at the 48HFP. There are local awards--such as Best Directing, Best Writing, Best Actor, etc. And the overall winner of the Memphis project will receive a trophy, advance to the Filmapalooza film festival, and receive a copy of Movie Magic Screenwriter Software 6. And ten of the best overall films shot around the world will screen at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival!
7. The inaugural year of the Memphis 48HFP is the best year to get involved. All 48HFP cities get a price break the first year of the competition--after that the price per team goes up. So getting involved now will let you know how much you will LOVE being in the competition and justify competing again next year! Also, there is typically a lower turnout at the inaugural year. Though we want as many teams as possible to get involved, chances are each year will feature more and more competitors.
8. You can also sponsor the 48HFP! If you don't have the time to create a team or to compete in the project, you can also sponsor the festival as a whole to get exposure along with the festival. This is a great way to get your production company, production services, etc. out there for independent movie makers! Just visit the website for more info.
9. The 48HFP is fun! You may think it's hectic shooting a short film in one weekend--and it can be--but it is also a lot of fun. You can make your weekend as easy as shooting in one location with a few actors, or as exciting as shooting all over the city! Bookend this process with two parties at the Hi-Tone Cafe and you have one fun weekend!
|48HFP Premier Screening|
10. You matter in this film festival. With most film festivals, you pay a fee, send in your movie, and wait months to find out that you were not accepted into the festival. This is not the case with 48HFP. EVERY movie gets screened and treated to the red carpet at this event. Also, since the Memphis 48HFP is working through social networks, you are also the important element with getting word out about the event. So, you matter to us!
The 1st Memphis 48 Hour Film Project is scheduled for the weekend of July 13-15, with the screenings scheduled for July 17/18 and the Wrap Party/Awards Ceremony on July 21. Learn more about the event and sign up your team on the official Memphis 48HFP website--and be sure to sign up for the newsletter there too! You can also help us get word about about the event by posting a badge to your blog/website and liking/sharing our Facebook page.
See you at the event!